Event Information and Walking Close to Cows advice
Are you having an event in the Lincolnshire Wolds AONB?
Why not promote to a wider audience; just send details to us. These will need to include the title, date, time, parking facilities and contact details for each event (either website, e-mail or name and phone number). We are happy to add events throughout the year and often only need a couple of weeks' notice or less to update our website so just let us know what is being planned!
LWCS provide a free listing service for local community groups, volunteers, businesses and organisations for events and attractions in and around the Lincolnshire Wolds. These are pulled together directly from the event organisers or brochures and other websites. To the best of our knowledge these are accurate, but we do advise you check all the details before attending. Whilst we endeavour to keep the listings accurate, LWCS cannot be held responsible for damage or losses arising from event attendance or caused by a change in location, price or date or caused by the cancellation of an event. If you are in doubt please contact the organiser of the event directly.
- Any LWCS guided walks are free of charge, however we may collect donations for organisations directly relating to the events. Any bus and train fares or car parking fees need to be paid for, unless otherwise stated.
- If you are unsure of your capability to complete an LWCS event, please contact the Lincolnshire Wolds Countryside Service for further information one week before the event. The Lincolnshire Wolds Countryside Service, or other walk leaders, have the right to refuse the participation of an individual if judged unable to complete the event. The leader's decision is final.
- Children are welcome to attend LWCS events, but under 16's must be accompanied by an adult.
- If your dog does accompany you on a walk, it must be on a short lead at all times.
- For all events you will need to bring your own food and drink.
- Please bring suitable clothing for the weather, including suitable footwear for muddy paths and fields.
- A leader or representative will be at the start of every event, whatever the weather.
- Please note our office is only staffed Monday to Friday.
- The Lincolnshire Wolds Countryside Service reserves the right to change or cancel an event without prior notice.
- Whilst we make all our events as safe and as enjoyable as possible, any event attended is done so at your own risk.
PLEASE USE PUBLIC OR SHARED TRANSPORT WHEREVER POSSIBLE
Walking close to cows:
The incidents of people being attacked by cattle are very rare, however following recent incidents and press coverage, please see the advice below when walking in fields with cattle in.
Please do not let the very low risk of cattle attacks put you off enjoying the Lincolnshire Wolds countryside, villages and great views.
There are a few Do's and Don'ts to follow when walking in a field with calves.
- Try not to get between cows and their calves.
- Be prepared for cattle to react to your presence, especially if you have a dog with you.
- Move quickly and quietly, and if possible walk around them.
- Keep your dog close and under proper control.
- Don't hang onto your dog. If you are threatened by animals - let it go as the cow will chase after that.
- Don't put yourself at risk. Find another way round the cows and rejoin the footpath as soon as possible.
- Don't panic! Most cows will stop before they reach you. If they follow just walk on quietly.
- Don't forget to report any problems to the highway authority.