The Lincolnshire Wolds Countryside Service was set up to work across the local authorities on behalf of the wider Lincolnshire Wolds Joint Advisory Committee, to help facilitate protection and enhancements across the AONB by working positively with a range of farmers, landowners, communities, businesses and partners.
Here are just some of things delivered across the Lincolnshire Wolds in the past 20 years:-
- Over £1 million successfully distributed in grant aid for communities, businesses and landowners, helping deliver nearly £3 million in projects that help support, protect and enhance the AONB and those that live and work here.
- Over 15,000 trees planted and nearly 28 km hedges planted and laid across the AONB.
- Under the Ofgem Visual Improvement Scheme, nearly 37 km of overhead powerlines and over 400 electricity poles have been removed, resulting in an investment of £5.5 million in landscape improvements, infrastructure and security of service in the AONB.
- The production of an extensive range of interpretation material to help support and encourage sustainable visits to the Lincolnshire Wolds – including information panels, Wolds Walks, Wolds Cycle Routes and the Wonder of the Wolds publications.
- The joint coordination with partners, of fifteen annual Lincolnshire Wolds Walking Festivals, which has now evolved into the Lincolnshire Wolds Outdoor Festival.
- The ongoing coordination and regular review of the statutory Lincolnshire Wolds AONB Management Plan, which sets out the twenty-five year vision for the area, with an accompanying five-year strategy and partnership action plan.